How to Add Lorem Ipsum in Figma, Canva & WordPress - 3 Easiest Methods | Day 9
We all do it. We open Figma or Canva, stare at a blank design, and think - what should I write here? I used to waste 10-15 minutes writing "abcd" just to fill the space. And it looked so unprofessional.
Welcome to Day 9 of Lorem Ipsum Pro series. Today I am not going to give you theory. I will show you exactly how I add dummy text in my 3 main tools - Figma, Canva, and WordPress - without any extra plugin.
Why I Stopped Typing Dummy Text Manually?
When I was a beginner, I used to type "Lorem ipsum..." manually. Big mistake. It breaks your design flow. A good generator saves you at least 10 minutes per design. That is why I built a tool for this - Lipsum Pro - fast, no-ads tool on Vercel. It loads in under 1 second, even on 4G.
Method 1: How to Add Lorem Ipsum in Figma (My Favorite)
Figma has no built-in lorem ipsum, but here is the professional workflow:
Step 1: Open your Figma file and select the Text layer.
Step 2: Go to Lipsum Pro - Instant Generator and generate exactly what you need. Need 3 paragraphs for an About section? Generate 3. Need 10 words for a button? Generate 10 words.
Step 3: Copy and paste. No need to select manually, just click One-Click Copy.
I learned this when I was checking my old templates. Pasting from slow sites with popups was so frustrating. That is why my Vercel version has no ads in the generator area.
Method 2: How to Add Lorem Ipsum in Canva
Canva users make this mistake - they use the default Canva text which is not real placeholder length.
For Canva, you need clean, plain text. Go to our main blog tool - LoremIpsumPro Homepage. Here you get:
Just generate, copy, and paste it into your Canva text box. It will adopt Canva's font automatically.
Method 3: How to Add Lorem Ipsum in WordPress
This is where most beginners leave lorem ipsum live by mistake. And Google hates that.
If your live page has it, Google thinks you have low-quality content, your bounce rate goes high, and you get AdSense rejection. I have explained in detail why you should never leave it live - you can read it here: Why You Should Never Leave Lorem Ipsum on a Live Website.
The Right Way: Use Lipsum Pro for your draft design. Once your design is approved, delete all Lorem Ipsum and add your real, keyword-rich content. Never push the dummy version live.
Final Checklist Before You Publish
Before you publish any page, run this 10-second check:
[ ] Press Ctrl + F and search "Lorem" on your page
[ ] Search "Ipsum"
[ ] Search "dummy"
If anything is found, replace it with real content.
So, which tool do you use most - Figma, Canva or WordPress? Tell me in the comments. And don't forget to bookmark our tool for your next design.
Related Articles from this Series: Day 7: We covered Lipsum Pro Fast Generator. Check it for the full tutorial.
Comments
Post a Comment